Friday, July 30, 2010

Queries on Makeup Artists

I have been getting a lot of queries recently from young brides to be on who to choose for their makeup on the most important day of their lives!

Ambika Pillai
Vidya Tikari
Susan of Plum Salon seem to be the popular choices for the brides getting married in Delhi!

Well since I have had personal experience at Ambika Pillai (senior artist) and Plum (Junior and Senior Artist)...I am leaning towards Plum. I myself got ready at Plum for my Shagun and Wedding Day and was totally satisfied with the jobs done by them.

But then again...I advise you to meet your makeup artist ahead in time and discuss your colours, looks, hairstyle ideas etc with them. If you can afford to get your make up done from Ambika, Susan, Vidya Themselves instead of the senior junior artists then nothing like it!. It is very important for you to know how you wish to look on your weding day and then try an effectively communicate that to the makeup artist.
Collect pictures and take printouts if you can!

All the best
:)
Kanika

10 comments:

  1. Ambika did my make up too..ten years ago :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Reminded me of my wedding, eight years back. The make-up artist didn't turn up. So I worked on my face, and guess what, it wasn't bad at all.

    But yes, it's always good to be clear about how one wants to look on their special day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey u should Also mention about
    Chadni Singh http://www.chandnisingh.com

    Anu Mehra http://www.anumakeupartist.com

    Renuka Pillai http://www.renukapillai.com/home.html

    Shika Goel http://shikhagoel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links Vaibhav
    Have added them to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. m a fraalance makeup artist. ive been associated with bobby brown in london and mac india as an artist manager but now freelancing. please feel free to contact for bridal makeup and other party makeup on 9711045104 or email me at rishabk_1985@yahoo.co.uk

    regards,
    rishab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I have read the name PLUM few times on your blog.
    Could you give me an email if you have one for them? I cant see, to find their website.

    PS: really helpful blog

    Tan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey. Stumbled across your blog and I must say I love it. i am planning to get married in April and I desperately need help. Any tips will be m ore than welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone has idea about who is the best senior makeup artist at vidya tikariz studio?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice posting , great information is published here.


    Thanks
    Buy Diamond Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    I am a bit late on this post, but can you please share the details of the senior/junior artists at plum?

    ReplyDelete