Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ring Bearer Pillows and more

ring pillows by anekdesigns

I had a ring pillow for my engagement ceremony 3.5 years ago (gosh that sounds like a long time now). It was carried to the ceremony stage by my two little nieces and i thought it looked wonderful. Essentially a more western concept and specific to Christian Weddings, the Ring Barer Pillow is a classic and elegant way to carry the rings for your D- day!

ring pillows by anekdesigns

ring pillows by anekdesigns

ring pillows by anekdesigns

The one I used in my celebrations was a shiny Dark Red Pillow with Red Ribbons, the whole gesture of opening the ribbon tie to take the rings out adds to the setting and feels wonderful. 

ring pillows by anekdesigns

I personally like simpler more classic ring bearer, rather than the shiny gaudy decorated thalis and multi step fake flower arrangements. Pillows done in colours that match your theme carried by the sisters of the bride or cousins or nieces look awesome. I like involving all my young nieces and nephews in the ceremonies since they are absolutely smitten with the whole wedding affair and take their responsibilities seriously (it also makes them feel important...and makes for super cute pics!! ).

I have now come up with a small range of ring pillows from my cute little textile studio, check them out here. If you like them, do spread the word!! :)

All images by: Kanika Bahl
Ring Pillows by: Anek Designs

Please do not use the content without my permission! In case you wish to share/ use the contents of this blog write to: info@anekdesigns.com.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous DIY! absolutely love it! Hope I could share it on www.monicamoghe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kanika, I represent a wedding magazine. We feature a blog post in the magazine. would like to get in touch with you for that. Please mail me in purva.wvm@gmail.com if you're interested. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the available in India for purchase?

    ReplyDelete